MD devices are not wiped if LVM exists

Andrew Ruthven andrew at etc.gen.nz
Tue Jul 2 08:13:58 CEST 2019

On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 16:10 +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

> You can write a simple hook, which is then executed before
> task_partition. Therefore, create a shell script
> hooks/partition.DEFAULT

Hey,

Here is what I have as hooks/partition.WIPEDISKS it'll stop any MDs or
VGs that were started by the kernel and eradicate anything from the
disks. Based on a hook written by W. Walkowiak in 2013, but modified
over the years to fix various new behaviours I've discovered.

Save the file, set a class of WIPEDISKS and, well, all your data will
be gone. ;)

Cheers,
Andrew

--