Installing jessie/buster machines with stretch FAI?

Sébastien Grenier sebas at koumbit.org
Thu Feb 7 16:35:44 CET 2019

Thanks for both of you for your responses.

Le 19-02-07 à 04 h 57, Thomas Lange a écrit :

>     > Now I would like to have the same setup of profile but with jessie
>     > instead stretch.  I tried to modified
> If the target distribution is different from the nfsroot, you need a
> basefile. You can get basefiles for jessie and buster from
> http://fai-project.org/download/basefiles/

I downloaded JESSIE64.tar.xz and copied it here
/srv/fai/config/basefiles/ and added the class "JESSIE64" to the
selected profile and I got that in the /tmp/fai/fail.log on the client.

alling task_extrbase
ftar: extracting /var/lib/fai/config/basefiles/JESSIE64.tar.xz to /target/

So far so good! :)

But, it got "updated" to stretch a few hook later.

>From the /tmp/fai/fail.log on the client
Copying APT key from DEBIAN.asc to DEBIAN.asc.gpg Calling hook:
updatebase.DEBIAN
updatebase.DEBIAN    OK.
Calling task_updatebase
Updating base
Ign http://faiserver:3142 stretch InRelease
Get:1 http://faiserver:3142 stretch Release.gpg [2434 B]
Ign http://fai-project.org stretch InRelease

Is there a way not to upgraded to stretch?

Cheers,

Sébastien