FAI abort triggered

Sebastiaan Dewilde sebastiaan.dewilde at lightspeedhq.com
Thu Sep 20 17:14:58 CEST 2018

Hello,

We've been using FAI for many years now and we've now encountered an
unknown problem in our setup. Namely before starting the actual FAI
installation the install triggers the fai-abort.

[ 18.241159] dracut: Switching root
INIT: version 2.88 booting
Please give more parameters if not run from the nfsroot.
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
[info] Using makefile-style concurrent boot in runlevel 2.
[ ok l Starting LUM2 metadata daemon: lvmetad.
[ ok ]Starting LUM2 poll daemon: lvmpolld.
[ ok ] Starting enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
[ ok ] Starting periodic command scheduler: crop.
[ ok ] Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
FAI: installation aborted.
reboot with: faireboot or after a logout
bash: cannot set terminal process group (649): Inappropriate ioctl for
device
bash: no job control in this shell

The machine itself is unusable since it doesn't take any input after this
happens nor is it possible to switch tty.

We have no idea what to do next and are hoping someone else may have
encountered this problem.

Thanks,

Sebastiaan Dewilde