LVM+Encryption

Davinder Chandhok davinder.sc1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 18:12:24 CET 2018

Hi,

I've set up an Ubuntu install profile that configures the disk in the
following way:

First the /boot partition is created. Then an LVM is set up for the rest of
the partitions and swap space. I would like to encrypt all of these
partitions, and have tried to insert disk_config cryptsetup and another
line for the settings between the boot partition lines and the LVM settings
lines. (I used the LVM example at the link below and added lines for the
extra volumes I needed inside LVM).

However, I'm getting an error during the disk formatting/partitioning part
of the install ("expected device name" or something similar, right after
the /boot partition lines). Is there more detailed information on how to
write the disk_config class files? I'm currently looking at both LVM and
encryption examples at the link below, but the fields necessary for
encryption are a bit unclear:
https://fai-project.org/doc/man/setup-storage.html

Thanks!
Davinder Chandhok