Converting an fai-chboot to a dirinstall

andrew bezella abezella at archive.org
Fri Jan 26 01:54:58 CET 2018

On Thu, 2018-01-25 at 15:29 -0600, Itamar Gal wrote:
> Dear FAI Users:
>
> I have an FAI install-client that's being configured via the fai-
> chboot command. I'd like to use fai dirinstall to configure an
> identical environment inside of a chroot. Is there a semi-automated
> way to take a given fai-chboot command invocation (on a given FAI
> install-server) and produce a corresponding fai dirinstall command
> invocation?

i think you'll just need the (full) list of classes that are applied.

our use of the scripts in the fai config space is pretty limited (most
configuration is offloaded to cfengine or ansible) but a dirinstall
looks like:
/usr/sbin/fai --class DEFAULT,LINUX,CHROOT,DHCPC,FAIBASE,UBUNTU,XENIAL,XENIAL64,${fqdn},LAST --hostname $fqdn dirinstall $TARGET

a semi-automated method might involve parsing the install-client's
`last-install/FAI_CLASSES`

hth...

	andy

--