Use of /dev/disk/by-path/... in disk_config?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Jan 18 16:23:03 CET 2018

    > Talking about "path" - is there a trick to get multipath-tools installed
    > in the nfsroot? All my attempts fail due to initramfs not cooperating
    > with dracut.
Just add the packages to /etc/fai/NFSROOT. Then they will be
installed into the nfsroot when you recreated the nfsroot.
Do you need the multipath tools for booting the machine, or just for
accessing some disk during installation?
If needed for booting, we may have to customized the initrd inside the
nfsroot (copied to the tftp dir), because dracut may not work
out-of-the-box with multipath devices.
But I'm also the Debian maintainer of dracut, if you need some help.

    > Thanks for your constant support.
It would be nice if you could update your FAI questionnaire. The last
I got is from 2009. And I would like to add you to the references page
with your logo. https://fai-project.org/references/