/tmp read-only? FAI 5.5, Stretch, NFSv3

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jan 17 17:30:32 CET 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 14:21:42 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > after running several sysinfo FAI_ACTIONs with jessie setups (and "aufs"
>     > in the append line), I decided the time has come to switch to Stretch.
> In stretch you need rootovl instead of aufs in the kernel cmdline.
> We are not using aufs any more but 4.x kernel is using overlayfs.

In fact I had tried "overlayfs" but not "rootovl".

> If you are using fai-chboot, this should be added to the pxelinux cfg
> file.

I forgot to use the -C option, thus /etc/fai (unconfigured) caused
fai-chboot to use the wrong distro, and therefore add the wrong $bopt.
At the moment, I'm trying to support wheezy, jessie, and stretch -
this is bound to cause confusion :(

>     > (BTW, page 29 has a small "c"
>     > instead of capital "C" in the fai-make-nfsroot example line).
> Thanks, this is now fixed.

Thank you for the quick response. "rootovl" will be written, in large,
friendly letters, on the title page of the fai manual...

- S