Several Questions

Bill MacAllister bill at ca-zephyr.org
Tue Feb 27 02:40:14 CET 2018

Xenial builds from Debian Stretch NFS root
We have been building Xenial systems from a Stretch and just noticed
that the file system build with Stretch is creating structures that
prevent fsck from running.  Specifically metadata_csum is preventing
fsck from running. How would we specify a setup-storage to create file
systems without that option?

Alternately we would install e2fslibs and e2fsprogs packages. My first
attempt at that didn't go well.  Has anyone done that.

Creating a standalone CD with a fixed address
I am also working on creating an FAI CD that can be used to boot strap a
new site, i.e. a site without a DHCP server or access to internal
services, i.e. the internal DNS and repos.  I would like to assign a
static IP address to the clients that are built.  Does anyone have an
example of doing that?  How do I specify the IP address?

Thanks in advance,

Bill