Using FAI Profiles

Itamar Gal itamarggal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 16:34:52 CET 2018

Dear FAI Users:

I'm a little unclear on how to use FAI profiles. I created a profile file:

/srv/fai/config/class/myprofile.profile

Now I'd like to perform a dirinstall using this profile. The profile file
defines the classes I want to apply to the new system/chroot. I'd assumed
that there would be an fai command-line flag used to specify a profile
instead of a list of classes, but I see no such flag documented in the man
pages (man 8 fai) and I can't seem to find anything in the FAI Guide that
clarifies this for me (I assume that I'm overlooking something). What am I
missing here? How are profiles intended to be used?

Cheers,
Itamar