fai installation does not create correct /etc/hosts and /etc/network/interfacfes

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 9 15:24:52 CEST 2018

    > The server created via the FAI ISO image has a faulty /etc/hosts and the /etc/network/interfacfes is not correct. In the nfsroot „/srv/stretch-default-cd/nfsroot/etc“ the hosts file is correct
    > an does contain all values. On the machine, created manually frm the ISO image, the /etc/hosts does no longer contain the line with the ip, long hostname short hostname. In the /etc/network/
    > interfaces file you will only find NON-IP as value.

    > What is wrong and how can I fix it?
I do not know what's going wrong there.
But the script scripts/FAIBASE/10-misc edit the hosts file. The same
is done in scripts/DEBIAN/30-interface for /etc/network/interfaces,
which is created from scratch. You can write a hook that just copies
the version of these files from the nfsroot to the target if this fits
in your environment.