Error in phase DEBIAN/40-misc and GRUB_PC/10-setup

c.monty at web.de c.monty at web.de
Tue Sep 19 17:03:30 CEST 2017

19. September 2017 16:35, "Thomas Lange" <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> schrieb:

> First, you should read the log files.
> Start with error.log:
>
>> InRelease Could not connect to localhost:3142 (127.0.0.1). - connect (111: Connection refused) [IP:
>> 127.0.0.1 3142]
>
> This is the port of the apt proxy apt-cacher-ng. You can disable using
> this in sources.list.
>
>> WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list: linux-image-amd64
>> initramfs-tools memtest86+ isc-dhcp-client grub-pc
>
> Ooops. Without a kernel, you machine will not boot.
>
> Let's look at fai.log. There you see the whole problem. You cannot
> connect to the Debian package mirror.
>
> You have to fix that. It does not make sense, that the install lcients
> wants to connect localhost for a package repository. So just remove
> the proxy config in sources.list.
> --
> regards Thomas

OK.
The error is very clear.
Thanks for the advice where to look...

However, I don't understand why it still fails after modifying /srv/fai/nfsroot/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00proxy
root at vm03-fai:/var/log/fai/remote-logs/demohost/last-install# cat /srv/fai/nfsroot/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00proxy
Acquire::http { Proxy "http://faiserver:3142"; };
#Acquire::https { Proxy "https:/faiserver:3142"; };

Where is the configuration to use apt-cacher-ng (which is intended) stored?
demohost should use faiserver:3142 and not localhost:3142

THX