Running FAI in QEMU/KVM: Need a working configuration to install clients

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Sep 8 13:55:39 CEST 2017

    > How can a client in network 10.96.131.0/24 booting PXE find the FAI server?
This can only be done if client and server is in the same broadcast
domain. Also check, that qemu is not blocking traffice between client
and server.

Use tcpdump -qte port bootpc  on the fai server to sniff dhcp requests
from the client. If you can't see those packages, qemu is filtering
them.

Have a look at the fai-kvm tool and fai-mk-network how I setup my
enviroment for qemu.