FAI for ARM image building

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 13 11:47:56 CEST 2017

    > support. With all HW support in, we will see more clearly howto split
    > the classes.
One thing you learn when using FAI for a longer time is to
think about how to split things into classes. Only a few "large"
classes or a lot of classes which only contain a few config
information. But I guess in the embedded environment you have to use a
longer list of classes because of the very different hardware.

    > This hook is a hack to *create* the basefile. The documentation
    > suggests using pbuilder to create the basefile, and the basefile url
    > has mk-basefile. The problem is that neither of these ways is
    > identical to what fai-diskimage creates on the first run.
Ah, now I understand. You do not use a clean basefile without any apt
data, sources-list, machine-id and resolv.conf you use a basefile
which already includes security updates.