FAI for ARM image building

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Oct 10 11:30:33 CEST 2017

Hi Riku,

btw, exciting to see that FAI is gaining cross-arch support!

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:09:24AM +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:
> - The rather manual steps of copying files/. Having to DYI template
> expansion and explicitly fcopy every single file is really annoying.
> Right now users are tempted to just use herefile from the scripts
> directly.

some people have been proposing and using "fcopy -r /" in scripts/DEFAULT/05-fcopy
for more than a decade… sadly Thomas never picked it up. It works nicely and
flawless however.

Appearantly five years ago I also learned to use backups here, so this is what I
use currently:

# one fcopy to rule them all :)
mkdir $LOGDIR/fcopy-backups
fcopy -b $LOGDIR/fcopy-backups -L -v -i -r /

--
cheers,
	Holger