Help with igb driver

Luca Pizzinato lpizzinato at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 16:01:22 CEST 2017

Hi All,

I have few machines here that I have problems installing with FAI, I'm on
Jessie 8.9
I start the boot sequence via tftp, but after hanging for a while dracut
drops to the prompt.
>From there, I can see that there's no eth0 (although tftp worked indeed).

I suspect it has something to do with Intel igb driver.
This is because I installed into the same machine a disk containing jessie
already installed, and booted, and I see that there's no eth0, it fails to
load the igb module, version 5.0.3 (problem with NVR)
So, I compiled and loaded a newer version of the driver, 5.3.5.7, and run
update-initrmfs -u, the eth0 appears.

I guess that FAI fails because eth0 is missing.
Can you point me to the right path to include igb 5.3.5.7 into the FAI
installation?

Regards