Problem with creation of user accounts

Giorgio Buffa giorgiobuffa.work at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:17:24 CEST 2017

Hello list,
I would like to automatize the simple task of creating user accounts. In
the FAI examples, this is done with a script that executes the
adduser/usermod commands.

I was wondering whether it is possible to create user accounts by
preseeding the debian-installer via a debconf file. It would be great
because I should not write a script to do tasks the installer already
supports out-of-the-box, and I think this would greatly simplify my
configuration.

I've tried the following, with no success:

    d-i passwd/user-fullname string Guest Account
    d-i passwd/username string guest
    d-i passwd/user-password password welcome
    d-i passwd/user-password-again password welcome

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you and kind regards,
Giorgio B.