R: How to select specific version for Debian distribution and packages.

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Jul 13 17:10:18 CEST 2017

On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 15:40:35 +0200, Giorgio Buffa wrote:
> Hi Steffen.
> I need to be able to automatically re-create the exact system (OS and
> configuration) provided to my customer. The documentation says the system
> must be Debian v8.0.0. That's the reason behind my request.

Your customer didn't apply any updates, including security ones? 8-(

Anyway, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history#Debian_8_.28Jessie.29
you are looking for a 20150426 datestamp.

http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20150426T134616Z/ seems to be close.

For the exact contents of the DVD you might want to ask the Debian Release Team.
BTW, starting with Wheezy (7), there are only two numbers in a version, so in
a strict sense there's no 8.0.0.

- S