creating asc key files

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 12 21:53:49 CEST 2017

Okay, my understanding is that if I put a apt key file in the
packages_config directory named with a .asc extension will be used when
fai accesses a repository. I know this is not quite an fai question but
how do I get the key into a file? I want to have my installs access the
ubuntuzilla repository for firefox and thunderbird. To get their key
into apt you do:

# apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com C1289A29

That downloads the key but it puts it right into the apt key list.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org