Second FAI server

Bill MacAllister bill at ca-zephyr.org
Sat Apr 1 01:30:35 CEST 2017

Thanks to this list I have a working FAI server.

Now, I am working on standing up a second server at a second site. The
process is allowing me to ensure that I have captured the server
configuration in our configuration management system. I have hit a problem
with fai-setup.

The environment is:
  Server OS: Ubuntu Xenial
  NFS Root OS: Debian Stretch

Then I run 'fai-setup-v' the last few lines of the output are:

install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get clean
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot dpkg --configure
--pending
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot dpkg -C
install_packages: executing chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get clean
cp: '/etc/localtime' and 'etc/localtime' are the same file
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-make-nfsroot.log
ERROR when calling fai-make-nfsroot.

When I try 'fai-make-nfsroot -v' it ends successfully.

So, do I have a working system that I can just add the configuration into
/srv/fai/config?  Or stated differently, if I provide all of the files in
/srv/fai/config is fai-make-nfsroot sufficient?

I have created a pastebin that holds the fai.conf, nfsroot.conf, NFSROOT,
and fai-setup.log just incase it will help debug the problem.
https://pastebin.com/Ms983iJ7

Thanks in advance,

Bill

--
"Can't sing louder than the guns when I'm gone,
so I guess I'll have to do it while I'm here."

Phil Ochs