early stage rpcbind failure

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 5 15:34:42 CEST 2016

    > 2) there is no /run/rpcbind/ folder (see 1st
    > error message I get). What I have in the
    > /run folder related to rpcbind are the following
    > two files:

    > /run/rpcbind.lock
    > /run/rpcbind.sock
I have the same here, I also get these two error message, but it does
work here.

rpcbind: rpcbind terminating on signal. Restart with "rpcbind -w"
rpcbind: cannot open file = /run/rpcbind/rpcbind.xdr for writing

The nfsroot is mounted ro, but we use aufs for having write acces to
the nfsroot. MAke sure your kernel cmdline includes the option
aufs. My kernel cmdline looks like this:

rw aufs  ip=dhcp root=1.2.3.4:/srv/fai/nfsroot FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,createvt FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://faiserver/srv/fai/cconfig FAI_ACTION=install vga=794