Need new kernel for nfsroot

Frank Steinberg steinberg at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Thu Nov 24 15:19:15 CET 2016

Hi!

I'd like to build and use a new kernel package for my nfsroot, because I have to support some new hardware (Qualcomm Atheros E2400 support in the alx driver). In march Thomas has created a 4.4.6 kernel package with aufs support, which still does not support my hardware, unfortunately. What do I have to take of? Just pick the right kernel sources, make sure to include the required modules and build the package with make-kpkg? Is this process already described somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

 -frank