Updating configuration space (4.x->5.x)

Afif Elghraoui aelghraoui at sdsu.edu
Thu Nov 17 19:29:49 CET 2016

On 11/17/2016 12:10 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > Thanks. That resolves that problem. However, I've also been getting
>     > FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE when trying to boot from disk after the
>     > installation. I tried replacing scripts/GRUB_PC/10-setup with the one
>     > from the current git, but that doesn't fix it. Do you know what could be
>     > triggering this now?
> You should do a complete diff of the new config space with
> yours. Maybe some other things are missing.

I was originally looking through the git history of the example FAI
configuration, but there are too many irrelevant changes to sift
through. If you have not kept track of the backwards-compatibility
breakages, then I guess you cannot help me. I have not upgraded anything
other than FAI. My kernel, bootloader, and even dracut for that matter
are all at the same version I was using with 4.x.

regards
Afif