Updating configuration space (4.x->5.x)

Afif Elghraoui aelghraoui at sdsu.edu
Wed Nov 16 19:02:08 CET 2016

Hi,

I am using FAI from Debian Jessie (4.3.1+deb8u1) and would like to
upgrade to FAI 5.2 to take advantage of some of the new features.
Looking through changelogs and commit histories, it looked to me like
the only change to my config space that was needed was to rename
s/.source$/.sh/, which primarily affects the hook scripts.

I also replaced all package listings of fai-* with
fai-*/jessie-backports. In /etc/fai/NFSROOT, I had to explicitly list
the fai-nfsroot dependencies as fai-client/jessie-backports and
fai-setup-storage/jessie-backports in order to ensure that the versions
matched (one of the reasons why I reported <http://bugs.debian.org/844377>).

I've done this, but now I noticed during testing that some of my
configurations are broken because the HOSTNAME variable now evaluates to
hostname.domainname, which was not the case in 4.x. Was this change
intentional? Are there any other backwards-incompatible changes?

Many thanks and regards

Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui
Laboratory for Pathogenesis of Clinical Drug Resistance and Persistence