FAI setting hostname to fqdn

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 29 21:55:42 CEST 2016

During an install, my install client is getting a hostname that is
really the fully qualified hostname. So if you open a shell and type
"hostname", it will show something like "workstation.math.wisc.edu"
instead of just"workstation". Not only does that mess up some of my
other classes (which are based on the hostname), after the install is
finished, if you type "hostname -f" to show the fqdn, it shows something
like workstation.math.wisc.edu.math.wisc.edu.

Any ideas?

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org