adding a package to initrd

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 24 17:44:15 CEST 2016

    > Does anybody have basic instructions for adding a package to the initrd
    > in the fai nfsroot?
Adding the package itself to the initrd is easy. Just add it to
/etc/fai/NFSROOT. But then it is not added to the initrd. Therefore we
have to write a dracut module.
This will contain information about which executables and libraries
are needed inside the initrd, and which kernel modules we need.

Can you give me a list of the executables and kernelmodules. Libraries
that are needed by the executables, are automatically added. If you
need for e.g. all libraries under foo/bar/, it/s sufficient to give
the the directory. Does the initrd need to start any daemons?

I will then try to write the dracut module for you.