AW: AW: Problem with virtio network boot

Denny Bortfeldt d.bortfeldt at babiel.com
Tue Jun 14 17:51:00 CEST 2016

>> but only DHCP is not working
Yes and no. It's only not working when booting with virtio network card when dracut is running.
The first DHCP request for pxe-boot-menu is received successfully. After that the initrd and stuff is loaded.
When dracut is running a dhcp again, then the dhcp fails - I also don't see any traffic anymore from the vm.

When I boot with any other card then everything works fine.
So I don't think there is a problem with the dhcp-server because if there would one, then also the initial dhcp request would not get an IP and therefore the boot menu wouldn't appear.

Best regards,
Denny