Dracut error with fai-cd?

Louis-Philippe Véronneau lpveronneau at evolix.ca
Sat Jul 30 01:25:12 CEST 2016

Hi!

I've been trying to create an ISO image with fai-cd without success...

I'm using the Debian Jessie version of the FAI packages.

At first I tried using the default grub.cfg that came with the package,
but when trying to create the VM, it would fail with this error message:

# dracut: FATAL: No or empty root= argument

Since the fai-cd ISO from the website was working just fine I copied
it's grub.cfg. I then got this error with dracut:

# dracut: FATAL! Don't know how to handle `root=live:CDLABEL=FAI_CD`

The cd label is ok though:

$ file fai.iso
fai.iso: DOS/MBR boot sector ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem data 'FAI_CD'
(bootable)

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug I should report? Attached is
the grub.cfg file I'm using.

Thanks,

--
Louis-Philippe Véronneau <lpveronneau at evolix.ca>