Not reboot/halt after successful installation

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Jul 29 12:49:33 CEST 2016

    > according to the HTML user guide, there seems to be no option to "not reboot" a node that
    > successfully finished a sysinfo or install run - except to add something to the error log
    > forcefully (e.g. in a "last" hook).
    > Citing the guide, "reboot: ... If this flag is not set, and error.log contains anything,
    > the install client will stop and wait that you press RETURN. If no errors occurred, the
    > client will always reboot automatically." (similar for halt).

    > I have found an old patch I used to apply to FAI 3.x (with boot=live) that deactivated
    > the check of the error log, and stopped if neither "reboot" nor "halt" were requested:

I rembember there was some confusion about the reboot flag in the
past. This commit removed the test if error.log is empty.

commit 17cecc5cd78bfd2212d5d269d44d43aeca013c27
Author: Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de>
Date:   Fri Feb 1 21:32:52 2013 +0100

    do not reboot if error.log is empty Closes: #699279, #690016

IMO the problem is that we have three different expectations:
 - always reboot
 - never reboot (wait always)
 - reboot if error.log is empty

Since the flag has only two states, we cannot satisfy all three situations.

Should be now just fix the documentation, or is there need for support
of all three situations?

BTW, you may set flag_reboot=1 in hooks/savelog.LAST.sh depending on
the size of error.log.