preseeded value of "locales/locales_to_be_generated"

andrew bezella abezella at archive.org
Mon Jul 11 16:49:10 CEST 2016

On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 21:36 -0700, Derek Poon wrote:
> Andy,
>
> I was just investigating this issue a few days ago, and came to the conclusion that Ubuntu 16.04 ignores debconf when it comes to selecting locales.
[...]

@Derek -

thanks for the add'l data and the workaround! happy to hear it's not
just that i'm missing something glaringly obvious :)

did you find any existing bugs that seemed specific to this (i know
there're a lot floating around)?  lmk if so, otherwise i'll reopen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/1598326 (then if
you have a moment, please update that bug to reflect that it affects
you)

thanks again...

andy

--