No pxe boot on virtual box guests

Ronald Steele rsteele at adaptivemethods.com
Tue Jan 26 17:38:22 CET 2016

In VB, select your fai server VM, the click on “Network”.  VB is weird because you have to click on the word “Network”, not on the icon.
This brings up the Networking menu. Between the menu bar at the top and the particulars for the interface below is a line of adapters.
Just select “Adapter 1”, " Adapter 2” and configure away.
Note that you can change the MAC address here also, and for clients it mush match what is in the dhcpd.conf and the boot config file in
/srv/tftp/fai/pxelinux.cfg