No pxe boot on virtual box guests

Christian Linden lindomatic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 14:19:14 CET 2016

Hi all,

Thomas went through all steps with me for a couple of days.. and we both come the conclusion
that Virtual Box must be the culprit.
I’ve a faiserver as guest and want to pxe boot another guest; the client gets an IP address but not the pxelinux.0
Connecting locally on the faiserver with a tftp client the download works, hence the tftp server works.

Does anyone know about this problem with/among VBox guests among each other?

I checked all kinds of network VBox offers: Nat, Nat network, Internal Network, Bridged.. no way.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Chris