Build install kernel & Client with verifiable repos

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin at pobox.com
Fri Jan 8 20:01:28 CET 2016

Sorry to revive a thread that's a couple of months old...

Trying to reduce the number of error messages in the logs of all my FAI
installations, I too was looking at installing repository GPG keys, and
they weren't working as specified in the Guide.  (ie. that you should
put keys as CLASSNAME.asc in package_config)

I came across George's suggestion here:

https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2015-October/011117.html

that the keys should be installed into separate, class-related keyrings,
a feature which Thomas then implemented.

However, this doesn't work for me, because the class-specific keyring
doesn't exist at this point, and 'apt-key add --keyring...' therefore
fails.

I fixed this by doing something like:

      $ROOTCMD touch /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/[CLASSNAME].asc.gpg

in my updatebase hooks, but it should probably be fixed somewhere in the
source, unless there's a Right Way to do this!

All the best,
Quentin

----

Dr Quentin Stafford-Fraser