Adding extra apt keys to clients

Steven Wend steven.wend at t-online.de
Sat Dec 24 09:29:44 CET 2016

Hi again,

a second comment.

On 24.12.2016 03:13, Darko Gavrilovic wrote:
> Hello, I added the repo in apt.sources.d from my fai config files. But
> I am stuck on trying to add extra keys to  FAI clients.
>
> I tried it two ways.
>
> I tried the below and ran the client install and it did not seem to
> recognize the GP repo key.
>

> wget -O - http://debian.saltstack.com/debian-salt-team-joehealy.gpg.key
> | chroot /srv/fai/nfsroot/ apt-key add -

Chrooting into the nfs root means you will change the system which
"does" your installation.

> I also tried it by by adding a line in
>
> /srv/fai/config/scripts/HADOOP/10-misc

In this case you will try to configure your target, thats fine.

> # add the apt key for salt
> $ROOTCMD wget -O -
> http://debian.saltstack.com/debian-salt-team-joehealy.gpg.key |
> apt-key add -

Should work out. But I'am not sure about the pipe and chroot. You should
debug your script. Add "set -x". And it is pretty easy to "debug" and
"test". Do not restart your Installation automatically, keep it alive
and connect via ssh. Use mount to see where your configuration is
mounted. After that you can rerun all your scripts.