add debconf lines to existing setup?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Thu Dec 1 13:09:21 CET 2016

Good afternoon,

during FAI installation, $faiconfig/debconf/$class files are added to the
debconf database. This has been working all the time.

Now, I've got a package upgrade which requires setting some (new) values -
how do I add these settings to an existing, running setup?
/usr/share/debconf/confmodule apparently doesn't work (and db_set therefore
cannot be used).
Do I have to install debconf-utils and use debconf-set-selections, or is
there a faster way?

Thanks,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald, Cluster Administrator
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute)