FAI with RAID+CRYPT+LVM

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Thu Aug 25 05:45:14 CEST 2016

Hi Alexandros

Thank you for your reply. It was helpful and I have made some progress,
but I'm still getting errors when processing the 'cryptsetup' stanza.

I have attached my FAI configuration files that I am tying to parse.
  FSRAID - produces error on 'luks' line
  FSRAID-parses

(If I comment out the 'luks' line I can parse.but I don't know what output
or commands it will produce.)

To test this, I have used copy of the latest github code, and have modified
the code so it can access it's perl modules (without installation).

Also, I gen another error if I don't use the full path
'/dev/mapper/md1_crypt'
in the luks line, BUT cryptsetup only uses the filename part ' md1_crypt'.

I am trying to grok the parser code...

Regards,
Paul

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 at 20:04 Alexandros Afentoulis <alexaf at noc.grnet.gr>
wrote:

> On 08/22/2016 09:56 AM, Paul Schulz wrote:
> > (Repeated as first attempt didn't go through.)
> >
> > Greetings,
> > I have been asked to setup some systems with an encrypted disk
> > configuration (see below for FAI setup-storage format), essentially two
> > disks with:
> >    RAID1(/boot+other) < Crypt(other) < LVM((Root,Home,Swap)
> >
> > Should I expect this to work? If not, what would need to be done to
> > include this support in LVM.  Can I run setup-storage multiple times(3
> > confiig files)?
>
> Hello there,
>
> yes the disk scheme you aim for is feasible. In fact I did setup a node
> like that a couple of days ago.

(snip)

Hope I helped,