rinse for SLES 12?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Apr 22 14:59:45 CEST 2016

    > we like to deploy SLES 12 via FAI and need a basefile. So i take a look on rinse. It has serveral „templates“ for open source distridustions, but for SLES 12 we have to make on our own.

    > How? =:-) Cant fnd an manual for to it.
Hi Reiner,

just use the configs of Opensuse 12 for SLES12. Copy the
opensuse-12.3.packages file to sles12.packages. You
also have to copy ./scripts/opensuse-12.3/post-install.sh to
./scripts/sles12/post-install.sh inside rinse. And you have to
add lines for SLES into rinse.conf. Then give it a try. If packages
are misssing, add them to opensuse-12.3.packages.