ubuntu 16.04 with wheezy nfs-root --> kernel panic

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Tue Apr 12 12:51:25 CEST 2016

    > solution with FAI and Ubuntu 16.04. I've now set up a wheezy box and
    > created a nfsroot there. This works without problems.
Is the nfsroot also a wheezy one? Which FAI version are you using
inside the nfsroot?

    > append initrd=initrd.img-4.4.0-18-generic ip=dhcp net.ifnames=0
    > biosdevname=0 root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=IPOFFAISERVER:/srv/fai/nfsroot
    > boot=live  FAI_FLAGS=verbose,sshd,reboot FAI_ACTION=install
boot=live is not yet used/supported in recent FAI versions any more.
So this may be your first problem.

The 4.4 kernel does not support aufs, which is needed by dracut. Have
a look at http://wiki.fai-project.org/wiki/Grml_Kernel, which
describes how to use a 4.4 kernel to which I've added aufs support.