"No URL defined for the config space": Documentation issue?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Sep 30 23:14:10 CEST 2015

>>>>> On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:35:48 +0200, Frank Thommen <f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de> said:

    > fact the manpage of fai-chboot says
The man pages are always up-to-date. The FAI guide was not updated in
the last three years.

    > "fai-chboot -IFv <host>" and also $FAI_CONFIG_SRC is already set in
    > /etc/fai/fai.conf.  So why declare it yet an other time?
This has changed and now you have to use -u with
fai-chboot. Nowadays /etc/fai/fai.conf is not copied into the nfsroot.

    > Additionally from the error message it is not clear - at least to me -,
    > /where/ the "-s" option should be used.
If you have multiple kernel versions inside the nfsroot, then -s will
help you.

    > Maybe the quickstart guide needs an update/fix?
Yes, I'm working on this.