Build install kernel & Client with verifiable repos

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 21 13:17:35 CEST 2015

    >> > sure if I want to add the FAI project repository by default, I need to
    >> > think on this topic for some more time.

    > I would argue against adding any external sources as default. I am a big
    > supporter of the "Debian way" of not replacing packages with newer
    > versions over the lifetime of a release (I know, there are a small
    > number of exceptions).
You are right. I will not add the fai-project repository by
default. Even I recommend to use the newest FAI version when a newbie
starts with FAI, will do not like to force people to upgrade to a new
version, just because I've put a new FAI version into the FAI projects
repository.

For example, currently the jessie branch of the FAI projects
repository contains FAI 4.3.3. The next version for jessie will be 5.0
and I do not like to force people to use this version, unless they
have enabled this repo on their own.

Thanks for helping me with this decision.