Problem with "empty VG"

Alex Kiousis alexkiousis at gmail.com
Tue May 26 22:54:30 CEST 2015

Hi,
we use FAI to install ganeti hosts too and i've run into this as well.
We use a seperate vg for ganeti and the os, and in some cases seperate
disks that form a vg. Ganeti creates lvs when an instance is
provisioned so there is no need to be anything else there.

 Of course, we workaround it by creating a dummy lv and the deleting
it. But we could also do with not creating one at all.