Cannot get FAI to build jessie

Dennis Klein d.klein at gsi.de
Tue May 12 14:50:22 CEST 2015

On 05/11/2015 10:08 AM, Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > sysvinit-core kollidiert mit systemd-sysv
>     > und umgekehrt....
> Ja, genau. Deshalb habe ich jetzt auch explizit systemd-sysv mit einem
> - hinzugefuegt, damit das ohne Probleme deinstalliert wird.
> So soll die Zeile in /etc/fai/NFSROOT aussehen:
>
> sysvinit-core systemd-sysv-

Next to adding the above line to /etc/fai/NFSROOT, we also have to create a symlink in the nfsroot
to make the Jessie nfsroot work:

ln -s /usr/sbin/fai /etc/init.d/rcS

Using FAI version 4.3.1.

Another solution: Configuring debootstrap in /etc/fai/nfsroot.conf with a line similar to this:

FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=systemd-core --include=systemd-sysv --arch amd64"

This will install/enable sysv directly, but results in a target jessie with disabled systemd. To
enable systemd in the target, you would need to generate a custom base.tar.gz and put it in the nfsroot.

Best regards,
Dennis