Cannot get FAI to build jessie

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at cs.fau.de
Mon May 11 08:35:56 CEST 2015

Am 10.05.2015 um 23:00 schrieb fai1107 at macrotex.net:

>>      > The main fai-make-nfsroot log: http://paste.debian.net/174450
>> I found the problem. You do not install the package sysvinit-core into
>> the NFSROOT. Please add sysvinit-core to /etc/fai/NFSROOT and rebuild
>> the nfsroot. This should fix hopyfully all of your problems.
>
> I added sysvinit-core to NFSROOT but this results in a debian package
> conflict error:

>  sysvinit-core : Conflicts: systemd-sysv but 215-17 is installed.
>  systemd-sysv : Conflicts: sysvinit-core but 2.88dsf-59 is to be
> installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>      Remove the following packages:
> 1)     systemd-sysv

Yea, we have had the same problem with vivid. You need to install it in
in a seperate apt-run. Aptitude's conflict resolution sucks! We did this
by adding an extra hook to /etc/fai/nfsroot-hooks/ containing
$ROOTCMD apt-get install upstart-sysv
And you need to make sure that it's not in your NFSROOT, because
otherwise aptitude will mark it as broken.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Strübe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at cs.fau.de
WWW   : https://www4.cs.fau.de/~morty