install to usb mass storage

Konrad, Martin konrad at frib.msu.edu
Wed Jun 17 17:48:38 CEST 2015

Hi Thomas,
> The problem is now fixed. Since the class/*.sources scripts are
> executed in a subshell, you have to use $LOGDIR/additional.var for
> defining (or redefining) variables.
Unfortunately this does not fix the issue completely for me. Digging a
bit deeper revealed that /proc/partitions does list my USB disk ("sda")
but [1] removes it since it has group "floppy". I made sure I have "USB
Mass storage emulation type" set to "Hard disk" in the BIOS
configuration, though. I'm not sure how the kernel determines if a
device is "disk" or "floppy"...

Modifying line [1] to accept both "disk" and "floppy" works. Yes, it's
ugly but I'm not expecting to install any machines that have real floppy
drives so I guess I should be safe.

Thanks,

Martin

[1]