Problem with CentOS 7 Installation

Denny Bortfeldt denny at bortfeldt.net
Mon Jul 27 08:21:15 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I tried now several hours to create an unattended centos installation with
fai.

I've got already a working fai with debian wheezy & jessie and now I wanted
to integrate also CentOS.

I downloaded the basefile (CENTOS7_x86_64) and put them in $FAI/basefiles
folder. The class is also set and the archive will successfully extracted
within the installation.

But after the extration of the basefile every script and hook will false. I
have to admit, that I use an internal ip which is not routeable and won't
get connection to the internet. All repositories are accessable via local
dns server and local ips (for example debian mirror will resolve into
192.168.0.100)

Anyway, after installation the hook "updatebase.CENTOS" will executed and
the following "yum update" fail for no reason (client only download
repo/repodata.xml and nothing more) - therefore the whole server won't
update/install any packages.

Now my question:

-          What special nfsroot do I need? Currently my CentOS Installation
use the same nfsroot as for debian (is here the error??)

-          OT: CentOS-Specific: Why the hack the client only download
repo/repodata.xml and output an error afterwards: no baseurl for base/7/
could found?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Denny