installing to a wiped disk

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 10 17:09:52 CEST 2015

> I am using "disklabel:gpt" to create a GPT style partition table. You
> can also use "disklabel:msdos" to make the old style partition table.
> This belongs on your "disk_config" line before you specify partitions,
> file systems, etc.

Oh, when I heard that, I thought it was a way to label a partition --
which makes no sense since it is part of the disk configuration. I
should have made the connection because I've been going into parted and
entering a mklabel command to create a partition table.

It is kind of confusing though. You do a mklabel, to make a partition
table. If you want to make a partition lable, you do something else.
  You say label, I say table. Lets call the whole thing off.