can't soft reboot after install

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jul 10 16:38:01 CEST 2015

Doh! All these years I thought that was "faire boot". Well, actually, I
thought it was fairboot. I've mentioned that I'm blind before and my
screen reader says, "fair boot". I'm like, what the heck is a fair boot?
Is there an unfair boot? It's FAI reboot, you dummy.

It didn't work though. It says "vv507i will now reboot" but it doesn't.
There are a whole bunch of busy devices. I tried using fuser and killing
some of the processes that have the devises open but there are just too
many.  I must hae something wrong because it shouldn't have all those
processes still running, right?

--- begin screen cap ---
The install took 840 seconds.
Calling task_tests
Calling task_chboot
Source hook: savelog.LAST.source
ERRORS found in log files. See /tmp/fai/error.log
savelog.LAST.source  OK.
Calling task_savelog
Calling task_faiend
Press <RETURN> to reboot.
root at vv507i:~# faireboot
/tmp/fai/variables.log: line 2: BASHOPTS: readonly variable
umount: /tmp: target is busy
         (In some cases useful info about processes that
          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
umount: /: target is busy
         (In some cases useful info about processes that
          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
umount: /lib/live/mount/overlay: target is busy
         (In some cases useful info about processes that
          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
umount: /dev: target is busy
         (In some cases useful info about processes that
          use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1).)
udevd: no process found
vv507i now rebooting
root at vv507i:~#

--