Source dir for fcopy

Norberto Meijome numard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:08:56 CET 2015

Hi everyone,
I want to use fcopy to push a set of initial ssh pub keys to the root user
in the host being built, i.e., /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

I am currently setting this up via plain shell, but I'd like to leverage
fcopy and its class based templating, and I'm hitting a few small bumps:

1. I understand FAI/files is the default source dir for fcopy... alas, I
have FAI=*/data/f*ai/config in /etc/fai/fai.conf

variables.log in a newly built host shows
FAI=*/var/lib/fai/*config <<<< why not the value in /etc/fai/fai.conf?
FAI_ACTION=install
FAI_ALLOW_UNSIGNED=1
FAI_CONFIG_SRC=nfs://10.40.19.2/data/fai/config

2. *where* do I need to put the files to be copied by fcopy?

in the script of my class, I have
fcopy -i -v -s /data/fai/config/files/ /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

( to avoid the confusion from #1 above)... QAAU is the class of my host,
obviously.
but shell.log shows me :
=====   shell: QAAU/65-root   =====
fcopy: Nonexisting directory
/data/fai/config/files/root/.ssh/authorized_keys. No files copied.
===== Wed Jan 21 14:18:10 GMT 2015 ===== QAAU - executing ./QAAU/65-root
=====
QAAU/65-root         OK.

But I do have the file :)
(on my fai-server...) find /data/fai/config/files/root/
/data/fai/config/files/root/
/data/fai/config/files/root/.ssh
/data/fai/config/files/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
/data/fai/config/files/root/.ssh/authorized_keys/QAAU

Otherwise, this FAI server works perfectly as expected...

thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this :)

cheers,