crossing the distributions

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Feb 5 17:33:37 CET 2015

    > 2) I focus on the BASH_FUNC error.  I find mail list conversation in October 2014 and bug #764313 that seem related.  On Oct 20 the bug was closed when considering the Debian wheezy environment
Yes, this bug is closed in Debian Wheezy. I don't know what Ubuntu is
doing. It's more a cosmetic bug, since it writes a lot of messages,
but it's no real error.

    > Some time ago I installed the Ubuntu version of FAI and found
    > that I liked the wheezy version much better.
    > So I do have an interest in staying with the wheezy version of FAI.  However I am
    > nervous about mixing sources and I don't have another host with wheezy that will take FAI.
It's possible to install Ubuntu when using a wheezy nfsroot without
problems. I would not mix Debian an Ubuntu sources when installing a
machine.