AW:

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Dec 10 17:33:55 CET 2015

    > thanks for your help. I would like to try the build a debian jessie nsf root and a debian jessie initrd, which will install the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

    > As I understand I have to add jessie sources inside nfsroot.conf and run the fai-make-nfsroot without using -B option (using special base.tar.gz). After succesfully building the nfs root and initrd I will change the base.tar.gz inside the nfsroot under /var/tmp/.
You should run fai-make-nfsroot -v.
You do not need to change the base.tar.gz.

    > When running the initrd the base.tar.gz (which has been replaced with one for Ubunut1404) will be extracted to /target/ and I can install al missing packages and so on.
Just download the Ubuntu base from
http://fai-project.org/download/basefiles/TRUSTY64.tar.xz
and put it into /srv/fai/config/basefiles. That's it.

BTW, I will upload FAI 5.0.1 today or tomorrow. It includes a minor
fix for Ubuntu. In 5.0 the demo user was not added to some groups.
See https://github.com/faiproject/fai/commit/c1d839591282c6faf1e0eaa0d5838d931f3f08b8