tip:

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 8 18:12:08 CET 2015

I just discovered that the syslinux-utils package has a tool called
gethostip that displays the PXE file name for a host name. So for
example, if you want to figure out the PXE config file name for a
workstation named "nitschke", you'd say, "gethostip nitschke". Sample
output:

# gethostip nitschke
nitschke.example.com 192.168.0.66 C0A80042
I know fai-chboot also determines the pxelinux.cfg file name but I would
imagine that others do what I do -- once you get one working config
file, copy it for the other machines you want to do installs on.